"...In the dance of sun and water and sky. In the faces of the people who need us most and of the people we most need. In the smell of breakfast cooking on a charcoal fire. Who knows where we will find Him or whether we will recognize Him if we do? Who knows anything even approaching the truth of who He really was? But my prayer is that we will all of us find Him somewhere, somehow, and that He will give us something of his life to fill our emptiness, something of his light to drive back our dark"
-The Great Dance -Frederick Buechner

Monday, November 29, 2010

I can't help but love Ikea

I thought once I grew up I would get out of my Ikea stage and maybe move onto something that is more mature and rich looking... but seriously I love Ikea. Swedish style is pretty much my favourite ever and living there made me want to change the whole way we do houses in North America

Anyway, I've been loving Ikea's Lack and Ribba shelves for awhile and I am super excited about all of the places I can put them in our house. For sure I want to put a few in our living room and then a few in our kitchen. I think the Lack shelves are awesome for laundry room, offices or bedrooms as well. We have an open closet in our master bath so I might do some Lack shelves in there as well.
Apartment therapy has a whole post titled "12 Uses for IKEA's Lack Shelves" and here are a few of my faves

#1 Console behind a couch: I seriously think that anyone who has a couch against the wall should have this. Unfortunately this is not us... because of our open floor plan our couch is kind of in the middle of our Living Room so it won't work but I do love it. This picture has also inspired me to spray paint every picture frame I have white.


#2: Entryway: How awesome is this?!? I'm trying to dream up a way this could work in our house even though it goes against what I originally had planned for the entryway... we'll see :)

#3. Display for Collections: I don't exactly have any collections but if I did, I would probably put them somewhere like this

Here is just a random pic that I planned on using for inspiration in either our Dining Room or Living Room. I'm thinking of only doing 2 shelves though because 3 is a bit much for me and I'm not sure I have enough stuff to put on 3 shelves so it might look funny

Here is the Ribba shelf which I also love. It is really narrow and just kind of acts as a ledge for pictures or really small things to display. LOVE LOVE LOVE it in white.

No comments: