"...In the dance of sun and water and sky. In the faces of the people who need us most and of the people we most need. In the smell of breakfast cooking on a charcoal fire. Who knows where we will find Him or whether we will recognize Him if we do? Who knows anything even approaching the truth of who He really was? But my prayer is that we will all of us find Him somewhere, somehow, and that He will give us something of his life to fill our emptiness, something of his light to drive back our dark"
-The Great Dance -Frederick Buechner

Monday, February 6, 2012

Taste of Home Cream Cheese Coffee Cake

I often get asked if I miss working since Molly came along... People are often shocked to hear that I do (I'm a little shocked myself actually). Truth is, I had a pretty sweet job. Getting to cook with high school kids all day had its ups and downs but overall it was awesome and I really miss those little rascals. One of the great parts of the job was trying out countless recipes to see which ones fit best with the curriculum but also would taste really good.

I haven't made this in awhile but we would make it in foods 30 for the yeast bread module. It was a bit difficult to do in one class but we used a proofer to spead up the rising process and more often than not it turned out really well. I don't know what made me think about it today but I think I might hafta whip some up soon!

The recipe can be found here

No comments: